BIU > Company Info > FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Do you ship worldwide?
A. Yes, we do. As long as a shipping company goes there, so do we. We are also flexable on shipping arrangements. If a company works better for you, please give us a call at 818-576-1188.
- Q. What is a branding head, and is it different from a branding die?
A. A branding head is a detachable plate made of brass or stainless steel. It connects to either a handle or a heating tool and functions as a heated stamp. It is often referred to as a branding die, and the two terms are interchangeable.
- Q. I already have an electric branding iron. Can you make a head to fit it?
A. Absolutely. If you have a Hexacon Heating Tool, we would need to know its wattage and if it takes a smooth or a threaded shank. If you have a heating tool made by another manufacturer, all we would need to know is the required shank dimensions and the wattage.
- Q. I see a design in your sample photos that I would like to use. Can I use that design for my own branding head?
A. BIU respects its customers and, therefore, cannot use a logo or design provided by our customers. However, Universal symbols and designs from our Clip Art Gallery are the exception. All other artwork needs to be original.
- Q. What is your return policy?
A. All custom-made products are non-refundable. Stock items can be returned within 14 business days if they were not used and are in perfect condition. See our Warranty/Policy page for more information.
- Q. How long does it take to get an answer once I fill out the Contact Form?
A. Most of the time we will answer your e-mail within 24-72 hours. Sometimes there are exceptions, such as weekends and holidays. However, if you need our immediate attention, please call us at 1-888-576-1101, which is toll free in the U.S., otherwise, please give us a call at 818-576-1101. We always welcome phone calls and in this digital age, we prefer it.
- Q. How long will it take for me to recieve my order?
A. We ship orders in 1-2 weeks from the day we recieve your approval. However, expedited, or RUSH, options are always available. (see question #7)
- Q. I need my order as soon as possible, is there anything you can do?
A. We accomodate Rush Orders for shipping in for an additional charge. If you're ordering online, a RUSH option is often available, if over the phone, please ask your Sales Representitive for assistance. Expediency is perhaps one of BIU's greatest assets and we'll work with you, as best we can, to meet your needs. For quality custom branding irons that meet your deadline, we are your best option.
- Q.Will your electric branding irons work in Australia / New Zealand?
A. With a compatible voltage regulator, our equipment will work when used according to our instructions and care.
- Q. I need to mark my products, but I don’t like the idea of branding them. Can I use my branding head as a striking stamp? If not Is there anything else you can suggest?
A. Branding heads cannot be used as a metal stamp. They are specially made for branding and are too soft to withstand impact. Please check out www.infinitystamps.com for other marking tool options.
- Q. I’m not sure if my product will take a branded mark. How can I be sure?
A. Send us a few samples! We will be happy to test them out for you at no charge and determine the best possible marking solution.
- Q. I’m in your area quite often. Can I come in to discuss what I need?
A. By all means! We always welcome visitors to our facility. For directions click here.
- Q. How much would it cost me to have a branding head made using a design from your Clip Art Gallery?
A. All we would need to know is the clip art of your choice and the branded mark dimensions you want. Cost will depend on the intricacy of the design and the size of the branded mark you wish to have.
- Q. I have recently purchased one of your branding irons. Where can I find more information on how to use and take care of my equipment?
A. Our Instructions/Care page has guidance and many useful tips that you should find helpful.
- Q. What credit-cards do you accept?
A. We Accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- Q. I've recieved my quote for a custom item, what's next?
A. To go forward simply give us a call, email, fax or mail us to place your order.
- Q. I filled out a quote request, yet I never heard back from you?
A. We make every effort to contact you promptly within 2-5 business days. If you have not recieved a response from us, the first place to look is in your spam folder. While uncommon, spam filters have caught our responses in the past. If there is no response there, please give us a call at 818-576-1101 (or toll free in the U.S. and Canada at 888-576-1101) or give us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is possible that we do not have the correct contact information for you.
For further customer assistance, please call (818) 576-1101
© 2013 Branding Irons Unlimited. All Rights Reserved.