When it comes to branding wood, we optimize our proofs to support clear and legible branded marks. Our branding heads are thick to retain heat longer. This means you can continuously brand several pieces without constantly having to reheat.
A few tips for those of you branding wood for the first time:
- It takes a higher degree of heat and a slightly longer dwell time to brand hardwoods such as oak.
- Branded marks on soft wood tend to bleed, but you can easily sand away the “halo” surrounding your branded image.
- Using an electric heating tool in combination with a temperature control unit makes the task simpler. We offer U.S. electric heating tools for plugging into 120V and 220V-240V outlets.
- For high volume branding, using a drill press mounting electric heating tool increases accuracy and efficiency.
If you’re looking to brand text, you can customize one of our many options in the Personalized Collection
– including wedding options
. These packages are offered in many different styles and sizes and are available for purchase online.